Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Future of Media #81: Get Out Your Crystal Ball

I think streaming movies directly to your television will have the most influence. I do not think hard copies (DVDs, Blu-rays, etc.) will be thrown by the wayside yet. Personally, I enjoy owning a physical copy of what I have, that way it won't accidentally get erased. Streaming content is an excellent way to gain access to things you otherwise would not be able to see. I do enjoy all the extras that come on DVDs, like the commentaries and making of's. I have used some varieties of streaming videos and the quality is usually good.

I am not an early adapter of technology. I like to wait and see how new things will react with everyday life. It took me 5 years after the iPod was introduced to actually break down and buy one. Now I don't know what I would do without it. I do appreciate new technology, but I like for things to have the bugs worked out before I invest my hard earned money.

No comments: